Monday, September 17, 2012

TV, why do you lie to me so?

Posted by M

Have you seen that recent commercial for the newest sleeping drug? You know, the one where the mother gets incredibly excited that she actually slept through the night? She has a t-shirt and a flag? Yeah, that one. Clearly she has her print artist on speed dial.  I can just imagine me like that:

In case you are wondering, the song in my head is 1985's, "Nightshift" by the Commodores.
Look it up, you'll thank me.

Well, I've seen this ad several times, and it just makes me mad. I mean, I can't even IMAGINE waking up having slept through the night, let alone having enough energy in the morning to dance. Granted I clearly have a sleeping problem, but really?! A flag?? Jeepers. Either this pill is pure magic, or they are seriously overestimating its dance-causing capabilities. And drug companies, if this is an accurate depiction, I would like a truck-load please. Like, right now.

Let's get real, this is me in the morning:

Your eyes do not deceive you, that is in fact a t-shirt nightgown.

And that's after being in bed for nine hours! Yep, it's not pretty.

P.S. I have to admit, I did turn to my all time favourite advice website: ehow. They say, and I quote, "Get a good mattress". A second search wielded the results, "Is it better to put my laptop to hibernate or sleep". Yeah, thanks for nuthin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment