Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Posted by M

As those who have ever lived or who currently live in an apartment building will tell you, there are many advantages to the lifestyle. Cheap rent, nice views, free hydro and utilities...the list goes on. Over the past three years, I have enjoyed many of the postive aspects apartment life affords.

Recently, my husband and I bought our first house. Our excitement has been unmeasurable! Every so often I like to do a little happy dance about it. It may be to "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang, but that's classified information.

This transition has brought about many mixed feelings; exhilaration over moving to a spacious, wonderful house, combined with sadness over leaving somewhere that has meant a lot to us both. I was actually feeling a little depressed over the whole thing...that is, until we began to pack for the move.

Incident #1: We decide to get rid of a bunch of junk that's been lying around. I innocently go to grab a garbage bag to open as my husband begins gathering stuff to toss.


Wait, why won't this open...

I paid good money for these non-opening bags, FYI.

So help me!!


That's it, Walmart, I love you but we're THROUGH.

Incident #2: It finally dawns on me how annoying elevators are. And that people should not be allowed to own pets larger than themselves.

So close!

Nice doggy? *Nervous twitch

Incident #3: The worst-behaved child in the world from across the hall gets a new toy.



Disruptive children should not be allowed to play instruments unless formally trained. It should be a law.
 

So thank you appartment dwellers and cheap brands, you have made my living change an easy one!



2 comments:

  1. I feel for you, honey.

    I know all about it.

    Happy house living!

    Just wait until you find out who your new neighbors are. Then write another post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy going, slowly I am...

    Yup, that's pretty much me when I'm organizing my Documents folders o.o

    And, n'warries - the plastic bags aren't much better down here XD

    ReplyDelete