Monday, July 30, 2012

A series of (unfortunate) events

Posted by M

Over the years, I've realised that life can kind of be a series of ups and downs. Hopefully more ups, but I think it's how we deal with the downs that makes us who we are. Ok ok, enough of my philosophysing.

Anyway, I've been trying to be more of a "glass half full" kinda gal, so I've been developing ways to react to unfortunate events. As K mentioned, I recently moved, and have been trying to get things around the house in order. In the past few weeks, a few "downs" have occurred in an attempt to break me, but I would like to share the methods I have used to prevail (I feel that a maniachal laugh would be appropriate here, but I'm not sure why...).

1st down:
One day, after an intense cleaning of the house, I decided that I deserved a little reward. I went down to the cold storage and...

Well, cleaning must have burnt off plenty of calories!

Okay, so I imagined Darcy's dialogue. But it was SO written all over his face.
          Solution:

Yeah....This solution just sort of presented itself :).

2nd down:
We bought a vacuum cleaner. I know what you're thinking- whoopdifreakingdo! But this purchase was actually really exciting for me! For one, I felt like we are really house owners, since we never had one in our apartment. And secondly, because I could FINALLY clean the carpet, whose filth was making my OCD go into overdrive.


And then I went to empty the vacuum container thingy (well, jeez, I just got it, I'm not well versed in vacuum words yet)...



    
Okay spiders, it's ON!

   Solution:
Ahahaha. Just kidding.

Actual Solution:
Yeah, the truth isn't always pretty.

See, you can conquer all sorts of downs, particularly if they scare you half to death.

So the moral of this story is, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Or a detractable faucet. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment