Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Bridge mattress : Defying explanation since 2012

Posted by K


A few days ago I was zoning out while riding the bus (as usual), when I spotted this:

Umm, why?


A Queen-sized mattress, sitting in the middle of a bridge on an extremely busy street. No apartment buildings for at least 2 blocks in any direction. Where did it come from? Why? I thought, maybe it fell off of a car, but wouldn't you notice if a giant mattress suddenly disappeared from your roof? Did someone get tired while dragging it home? It's been sitting there for a couple days now, so clearly whoever left it isn't coming back.

I decided to believe (based on no evidence whatsoever) that this mattress must have been used as a sled and ridden down the street (how awesome/terrifying would that be!), but I just noticed that the sidewalk clearly has no ice on it, so now I'm back to square one. Seriously, it's impervious to logic. And driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment